day centres and hostels
Registering as a user
You can use Homeless UK without registering as a user. However, if you do register you can personalise the site and add extra information to the entries on it.
Once you are registered you can go directly to particular entries or lists of entries by using Bookmarks and Saved searches. You can also add your own Notes to display as part of any entry. The site will also remember your preferred Text size if you change it.
To register you must enter a User name and Password.
- The username must be at least 5 characters long. It has to be unique so you cannot select one which is already in use on the site.
- The password must be at least 6 characters long, and contain at least one letter and at least one number.
- Any contact details you give will not be passed outside Homeless UK. If you give an email address it will only be used to send occasional emails about important developments to the site.
When you Log in you will see your user name displayed at the top right with the option to Log out.
When you are logged on the Quick links options are:
- Edit account details - to change or remove the name and email details you have given
- Change password
- Agency association - you can only use this if you are a member of staff at an agency that has been set up with an Agency account on Homeless UK. You can add your agency's user name and password to your own account details. This allows you to use your own log in to access the agency functions and see your personal additions to the site at the same time.