Supporting Clients Identifying as LGBTQ+ - London
Wednesday, 8 November 2017
London | fewer than 50% of places remaining
This course will give you the practical skills needed to help clients improve self awareness, build motivation and self-esteem, break free from unhelpful behavioural patterns, and take responsibility for their actions and choices.
A mixture of training methods is used on this course. You will explore typical problems faced by professionals that work with vulnerable people, such as the tendency to attribute “blame” on to others and resistance to pro-activity. The blend of approaches is designed to ensure that you will gain insights that are of immediate, practical use in your everyday working life.
Who is this course for?
Frontline staff and managers.
This course will:
- Provide a definition of terms in relation to gender and sexuality
- Explore use of language and pro-nouns
- Explore why LGBTQ+ clients are more vulnerable in the picture of homelessness, including vulnerability of minority groups within the LGBTQ+ community (BME)
- Discuss supporting LGBTQ+ clients, particularly those with multiple needs
- Explore housing options
- Provide guidance on reporting hate crime
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana administers our range of scheduled events & training.
020 7840 4497
3 Oct 2017 - 6:23pm
3 Oct 2017 - 1:13pm
3 Oct 2017 - 12:28pm