Support Planning and Keyworking Skills - Exeter
Wednesday, 23 May 2018
Exeter | £10 off - book by 30 April 2018
This course will give you the practical skills needed to help clients improve self awareness, build motivation and self-esteem, break free from unhelpful behavioural patterns, and take responsibility for their actions and choices.
A mixture of training methods is used on this course. You will explore typical problems faced by professionals that work with vulnerable people, such as the tendency to attribute “blame” on to others and resistance to pro-activity. The blend of approaches is designed to ensure that you will gain insights that are of immediate, practical use in your everyday working life.
Supporting independence is key to achieving positive outcomes. The course explores the strength based approach and motivational interviewing skills that staff can use to support a person in their journey towards independence.
Who is this course for?
Frontline staff that work directly with clients, and managers wishing to implement good keyworking practice within their teams.
What will you learn?
Participants will learn to apply effective keyworking skills whilst adopting good practice in the support planning process.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify good practice within the support planning process
- Demonstrate how to produce an outcomes focussed support plan
- Explain essential skills required in keyworking
- Explain the concept of motivational interviewing
- Identify the core skills of motivational interviewing
- Identify how to apply the core skills of motivational interviewing
- Explain the stages of change
- Identify the strategies workers need to adopt at each stage of change
- to encourage positive outcomes.
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana administers our range of scheduled events & training.
020 7840 4497
29 Mar 2018 - 12:27pm
21 Mar 2018 - 5:51pm
5 Mar 2018 - 4:03pm